Tel: +66 (0)77 456 050 Email: info@bigbluediving.com           Job Opportunities  Reviews  Video Gallery  Photo Gallery 

Sunset-BigBlue
BigBlueFleet
BigBlue-Beach
At-Sea-BigBlue
Diving-at-BigBlue
BigBlue-Front

April 1, 2013

1At last the decision has been made & those in authority have finally given the go ahead to start building the long awaited Train station to Koh Tao that will run from Surat Thani on the mainland to Koh Samui then on to Koh Phangan, then Koh Tao & all the way back to the mainland at Chumphon. Its been a while in the pipeline but finally its been approved. Cough, cough... splutter splutter!

“Perfect place and competent instructors to get into diving”5 of 5 stars Reviewed on Trip Advisor March 28, - Since a stay on Koh Tao was planned on our trip anyway, me and my friend decided to do our open water diving licence there as well. Especially since Koh Tao seems to be THE diving spot for doing courses, considering the costs for them. After several recommendations of other backpackers we decided to do it at Big Blue, one of the biggest schools on Koh Tao. Advantages of a big school for us seemed to be the community of a lot of other travellers (hence more fun). As kind of disadvantage we expected not very close touch to the instructors, this fear was absolutely without any reason - thanks to our nice instructor (if you wanna ask for him, even for a fun dive: Bobby). He made the course very comfortable in a way of not feeling bad for any doubts or questions, since he seemed to be open to every kind of person and completely focused on helping everybody in the best way he could (especially after one participant complained about problems on the first open water dive he invested more time than planned and special care about this guy). The course itself was perfect. For few money you got enough basic education to go relaxed on your first open water dive, of which 4 were included in the course fee. After finishing the course me and my friend wanted to go on directly with some fun dives (unfortunatly we didn't have enough time for the advance course), again thanks to Bobby whose way of introduction in the under water world always created the will for more experience. Unfortunatly we got sick and had to resign from the fun dives, but we got our money back without any complication! If we would have had more time I'm sure we would have directly done our advance course, which is more dive experience and less academics! So after my open water course and the great fun at the school with a nice instructor I can just imagine very well to return next years to do even more advance courses and fun dives on this amazing island!

Ok so we have scheduled a live aboard trip to Myanmar (Burma). Leave here, Koh Tao, on the night boat on the 14th of April, arrive back early morning on the 21st. Trip includes-6 nights/5 days, 19 dives, Food/soft drinks, Park and visa fees. For the fish lovers you will not be let down, plenty of big stuff to see, when we spoke to the live aboard operator yesterday they had seen mantas, eagle rays and a trio of whalesharks all in a couple of days. loads of small stuff to see too! We are taking a couple of sidemount harnesses and twinsets should people want to tech it up. Trips sells for 38,000Bht usually but ''us tight fisted English blokes'' have managed to knock them down. Price is 30,000Bht and a 10,000Bht deposit will save your place on this trip!

TripAdvisor-2015 - Big Blue Diving

Book Now

Big Blue Blog

Full Day Trips

Big Blue Resorts

Dive Sites

Become an AOW Diver

Nitrox Diving

Cave Diving

Latest News

Dive Courses

Liveaboards